Saturday 15 June 2013

Things that make me Smile :)

 I love smiling. I'm not blessed with a particularly great one (it looks like more of a toothy grimace than a smile) but I feel that smiles have the ability to lighten up a room. A smile can make a day, lift a mood or even just make someone else smile too. My good friend Molly and I decided to make a list of happy things, things that make us smile. So here is mine:

  • Cats. I just love cats. Real ones of course, but anything else cat related always makes me smile too. I find them ridiculous and clumsy, much like myself. It is possible my love for cats stems from the fact that we have these things in common. Or maybe it's just because I find them adorable, Either way, cats definitely make me smile. 
    Photo from here
  • Photography! Ever since I got given a good camera for my birthday I have been inseparable from it (taking it to the corner shop for no reason at all other than because I can inseparable). I am not the best at photo-taking at all though. In fact most of my photographs look like they have been taken with a flip-screen phone. But I do really enjoy editing and taking pictures. 

Photo from here
  • Macaroons. Hmmm these beauties have the ability to turn me from grumpy out of my mind to cheery and smiley. Some coloured foods can look tacky and artificial but macaroons manage to look sophisticated and pretty. If I could own a macaroon shop or factory or village I would. Ideas, ideas.      
    Photo from here
         
  • Taylor Alison Swift. I know it is a tad cringey to add a celeb to my 'Things that make me smile' list but mine would not be complete without her. I have been obsessed with Taylor ever since her first album 'Taylor swift'. Her music puts me in a good mood no matter what and miss swift herself has been my role model since before I could remember. Taylor Swift I love you.  
  •  
    Photo from here







  • Everything about travel excites me! From deciding where to go, to hoping on the Plane itself, all aspects of going somewhere new fills me with joy. New places bring new foods, faces and sights to see. I hope to blog about my journeys a lot more in the future, so keep you eyes peeled for travel posts.                   
    Photo from here
    • To say that rainy days make me smile would sound too strange. So I shall try to rephrase that. Whenever a rainy day comes around I can't say I am disappointed. It is just such a great excuse to snuggle up with a duvet, hot chocolate and a great read. Or in my case, do nothing. I also seem to find the sound of rain very relaxing. So for these reasons, rainy days are on my 'things that make me smile' list.
                                                                             ***
            I hope this post has spread smiles on to some of you. What has been making you smile lately?

4 comments: